Chickpea Sunflower Sandwich
When I make this recipe for friends, they love it but always ask me why I call it chicken salad if it doesn’t have chicken in it (Lol!). They do have a point, but in my defense, I think I’d have fewer willing taste testers if I called it a chickpea salad sandwich.
Recipe originally from Minimalist Baker
- 1 15 ounce can of chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
- 3 Tbsp vegan mayo of your choosing
- 1/2 tsp dijon or spicy mustard
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup, agave, or honey
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill* finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 pieces of gluten-free bread or regular bread
- Sliced avocado, onion, tomato, and or lettuce
Chicken Salad Garlic Herb Sauce
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 1/2 medium lemon juiced
- 3/4 – 1 tsp dried dill
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Water or unsweetened almond milk
- Salt to taste
- Prepare garlic herb sauce and set aside.
- Add chickpeas to a mixing bowl and lightly mash with a fork for texture. Then add sunflower seeds, vegan mayo, mustard, maple syrup, red onion, dill, salt and pepper, and mix with a spoon.
- Toast bread, if desired, and prepare your desired toppings.
- Scoop a healthy amount of filling onto two of the pieces of bread, add desired toppings and sauce, and top with other two slices of bread.
- You can keep the chicken salad mixture in the fridge for up to a few days.
- Upcoming Events in Gwinnett May30-June2Thursday, May 30th 7pm Free Summer Yoga Series210 […]
- Your Sellers ChecklistHere’s a Sellers Checklist: Five questions you […]
- Gwinnett County Pools and WaterparksThe heat is on in Gwinnett County! Yes, spring is […]
- Due Diligence in Real EstateWhat is Due Diligence in Real Estate? Houses […]
- Events Happening Near Me May 16th-18thHere’s a list of upcoming events happening near […]