Garlic Lime Grilled Pork Tenderloin Steaks with Roasted Corn Salsa
Pork Tenderloin on the Grill Recipe by Lt. Pendleton, Snellville Police Department
Serves 4 to 6
2 (1-pound) pork tenderloins, trimmed
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 tsp honey
1 Tbsp grated lime zest
1/4 cup lime juice (2 limes)
2 tsp fish sauce
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 cup vegetable oil
4 tsp mayonnaise
1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
Pork Tenderloin on the Grill Instructions:
- Slice each tenderloin in half crosswise to create 4 steaks total. Pound each steak 3/4 inch thick.
- Whisk the garlic, honey, lime zest, lime juice, fish sauce, salt, and pepper together in large bowl. Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle the oil into the garlic mixture until smooth and slightly thickened.
- Transfer 1/2 cup of the garlic mixture to a small bowl and whisk in the mayonnaise. Set aside the sauce for use later.
- Add the steaks to a bowl with the remaining marinade and toss thoroughly to coat the steaks.
- Transfer the steaks and marinade to a large zip-lock bag, and press out as much air as possible. Then seal the bag. Let the steaks sit at room temperature for about 45 minutes.
- Clean and oil the cooking grate. Remove the steaks from the marinade (do not pat dry) and place over hottest part of the grill. Cook uncovered, until well browned on first side, about 3 to 4 minutes, then flip the steaks and cook until well browned on second side, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer the steaks to the coolest part of the grill. Cover and cook until meat registers 140 degrees, about 3 to 8 minutes. When done, transfer the steaks to a platter and let them rest for 5 minutes.
- While steaks rest, microwave reserved sauce until warm, about 15 to 30 seconds then stir in the cilantro.
- Place the corn salsa (that you have already made) on the center of the plate and top with the steak. Drizzle half of the sauce over the steaks and serve, place remaining sauce in serving dish for the table.
Roasted Corn Salsa Ingredients
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
3 cups fresh or thawed frozen corn
1 shallot, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
12 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
2 Tbsp lime juice
1. Add 1 Tbsp oil to skillet and place over medium-high heat until shimmering.
2. Add corn and cook, without stirring, until well browned and roasted, 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Stir in the shallots and garlic and cook for about 30 to 45 seconds. Stir in tomatoes, scrapping up any browned bits, and cook until just softened, about 2 minutes.
4. Take the pan off the heat, stir in the cilantro and lime juice, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place salsa in a bowl and keep ready to plate.
- Upcoming Events in Gwinnett May30-June2Thursday, May 30th 7pm Free Summer Yoga Series210 […]
- Your Sellers ChecklistHere’s a Sellers Checklist: Five questions you […]
- Gwinnett County Pools and WaterparksThe heat is on in Gwinnett County! Yes, spring is […]
- Due Diligence in Real EstateWhat is Due Diligence in Real Estate? Houses […]
- Events Happening Near Me May 16th-18thHere’s a list of upcoming events happening near […]